How to File a Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission

March 5, 2012
By Radack & Borunda, P.C. on March 5, 2012 10:56 AM |

Many Texans are taken advantage every day by scam artists, credit repair boutiques, car salesman or in other types of consumer transactions. Unfortunately, many people are unsure where to turn to protect their rights. Below you will find information on how to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) as well as other helpful links to Texas consumer protection bodies.

How to File a Complaint with the FTC:

How to File a Complaint with the State of Texas, Office of the Attorney General:

Also for further information regarding credit laws or licensing requirements visit the Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner at:

or call their Consumer Helpline at (800) 538-1579.

Finally, please remember that governing bodies sometimes have limited capabilities for civil enforcement. Therefore, attorney assistance is never a bad option to at least gauge the viability of your particular case. In many cases, attorneys will provide a free consultation to discuss your case.